Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Tripod reverse  (Read 626 times)

Offline Bamba123

• Caesar
Tripod reverse
« on: July 04, 2007, 12:21:03 pm »
Found a coin in my "Hmmm" box.  It is a whopping 10.15mm in diameter, scales out at 1.7 grams.  I can make out NO legends and on the attached scans have "highlighted" what is seen with coin in hand.

Any thoughts?  thanks Jim
If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1844

Offline Ardatirion

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Veni, vidi, vomui.
Re: Tripod reverse
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:37:06 pm »
Looks a bit more like a caduceus on the (reverse?). I'd point it out, but don't have paint here.  :-\

Offline Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Tripod reverse
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:13:09 pm »
With the lebed above it must be a tripod. The 'caduceus' I think belongs to the construction of the tripod. An alternative would be 2 snakes coiling around the middle foot of the tripod.!
The obverse then should be Apollo

Best regards

All coins are guaranteed for eternity