Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Call for Coins  (Read 217 times)

S M

Call for Coins
« on: December 20, 2023, 10:17:14 am »
Dear enthusiasts,
In the scope of my doctoral project Sema, Nomos, Nomisma: on the relationship between the development of monetary means and the assertion of politeiai in southeastern Sicily from the fall of the Dinomenids to the rise of Dionysius I (Ca’ Foscari – Eberhard Karls Universitat Tübingen), I am focusing my attention on updating and comparing die-sequence studies regarding Naxos (Cahn 1944), Katane, Leontinoi (Maltese 2023), Syrakousai (Tudeer 1913/Fischer-Bossert 2017; Boehringer 1929; Kreutzer 2022), Kamarina (Westerman-Jenkins 1980), and Gela (Jenkins 1970).
On this matter, I would like to involve those who, as collectors, are willing to share information about the specimens currently in their possession (even anonymously if preferred), from tetradrachms to litra fractions, No AE/AV, No decadrachms. To ensure that the final catalogue reflects the principles of accessibility, verifiability, and traceability, the coins in your possession must have a bibliographic reference that is an illustrated auction catalogue, a list, etc. Coins without this requirement cannot be considered for cataloguing purposes. In the case of unknown pedigree, I can attempt to reconstruct the coin's provenance through the photo you will send.
If you have specimens from the above-mentioned mints or are simply curious about the project, I warmly invite you to contact me at sebastiano.maltese@unive.it. Naturally, this invitation is extended to friends outside of this forum, and please feel free to share this invitation to your contacts.
Your participation could significantly contribute to my research, and I will be grateful to those who are willing to contribute with their beautiful specimens.

Best regards,
Sebastiano Paolo Maltese
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Eberhard-Karls University of Tübingen

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Call for Coins
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 02:15:01 pm »
You are welcome to use the photos and descriptions in FORVM's shop.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

S M

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 02:22:30 pm »
You are welcome to use the photos and descriptions in FORVM's shop.

Many thanks, I'll definitely do it!

Offline Meepzorp

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 04:54:30 pm »
Hi SM,

You are welcome to use any photos from my website.

I am currently in the process of re-organizing the pages in my Greek Sicily section. I should be done tomorrow.

You may need to clear your cache after tomorrow because I am renumbering many photos.

Meepzorp

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 09:03:08 am »
S M your account was deleted because you registered with an incomplete name and address. Unfortunately the system is somewhat automated. Please register again and let me know by email or private message.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity