Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My first Byz!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline newone

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
My first Byz!
« on: August 02, 2003, 02:52:51 am »
I think it's Anastasius. It's 12 mm. and has a bearded bust(I think). To the left of tyhe bust I can  read XPV and to the rt. SAV. Not 100% sure about all the letters and the scan doesn't show it well at all. :( The rev. is Epsilon in a circle w/ the letter B beneath. Pretty neat stuff!!! :)
May our troops return home safely.........only through their bravery, dedication and diligence are we able to freely post on this site.

Offline newone

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
Re:My first Byz!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 02:53:40 am »
Hers the rev.
May our troops return home safely.........only through their bravery, dedication and diligence are we able to freely post on this site.

Loukianos

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 03:25:31 am »
Could we have a clearer picture of the obverse?

Offline vercingetorix

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Surrendered at Alesia.Bleah...
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 04:04:49 am »
The last part of the legend sounds OK, and seems we have an Anastasius or Justinianus, but we need a lighter picture of the obverse.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity