Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient Roman Brooch?  (Read 877 times)

Nejc K

Ancient Roman Brooch?
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:03:27 pm »
Is this an ancient Roman brooch? Can anyone tell me more about it? What about the other thing?

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Ancient Roman Brooch?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 03:00:36 am »
The first item is the front part of a Kraftig Profilierte fibula.  There are many different types and it is hard to tell from the fragment that you found exactly which type.  However, the narrow bow and the slight knob just before the break means that it might be a Flugelfibel type of Kraftig profilierte fibula.  In any event it would date to the mid 1st to early 2nd century AD.

I don't know what the second item is.

In future it is better to do each item as a separate thread.  It is easier for any further discussion of the items.

Shawn

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Nejc K

Re: Ancient Roman Brooch?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:46:18 am »
Hello and thank you. I'll open another thread for the other item.

This was actually found in Noricum area so you're probably right. I live quite close to you, I am from Slovenia. Your surname actually sounds very slovenish like. :)

Best regards!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity