Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage

De-slabbing coins - describe methods here.

<< < (4/4)

Virgil H:
I just got an ANACS slabbed coin and these small cases are much harder to break open. If anyone has some hints on these, I would appreciate it. So far, I have tried the screwdriver method, but that didn't work. This one is much harder than the NGC slabs. I have to admit, it is also a nicer slab.

Virgil

Callimachus:

--- Quote from: Ron C2 on March 11, 2022, 06:03:53 pm ---Stickying this topic for all instructional discussion related to de-slabbing ancients - pls discuss methods here to guide others in not damaging their coins through the de-slabbing process.

--- End quote ---

See also this page:
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=130886.0

Virgil H:
Thanks for the link. That was also about NGC slabs. This one had me worried at first, but I got it done on the ANACS slab, the trick with these is the screwdriver has to go in from the top of the slab. Insert, twist, use another screwdriver once you have an opening and it will pop open. I have found that NGC slabs you can go in anywhere on the slab. The bad thing about the ANCAS is the info is glued to a plastic spacer, with NGC, the info paper things are not attached to anything and I can put them in my 2 x 2 trays with the coins. Not sure about where I will store this one. Coin was far cheaper than the slabbing was, but I like to keep this stuff.

Virgil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version