Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: References for RIC V part 1, 65  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Orpio

• Consul
References for RIC V part 1, 65
« on: June 17, 2010, 04:13:57 pm »
Hi,

Could you help me find any references for RIC V, part 1 - 65 (antoninian of Aurelian) in Estiot' publications?

Regards,

Offline Orpio

• Consul
Re: References for RIC V part 1, 65
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 06:17:08 am »
Help, please

SEstiot

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 06:05:25 pm »
For a precise reference number, it depends, of course, of the concerned officina (7 for the series).
Roma, emission 9 (summer-autumn 274 AD) : Estiot, BNCMER XII.1, p. 298 (general table of the series, all officinae), or BNCMER XII.1, catal. n. 163-170 (for the coins in Paris Bibliothèque nationale collection, classified by officinae). Or Estiot, La Venèra II.1, catal. n. 983-1007 (for the coins in the North-Italian La Venèra hoard, classified by officinae).
One should add that RIC V.1, 65 ORIENS AVG, A/-//XXI to Z/-//XXI has to be corrected : I don't think that Sol holds a trophy, this rather indistinct attribute looks like a vexillum ; RIC 65 description omits the captive Sol is stepping on.
Best regards,
S. Estiot

Offline Orpio

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:36:32 pm »
Thanks. I'm very honored your reply. :)

I would like to ask one more question: Could you explain me how find differences between minsts: Milan and Siscia for similar coins (e.g. ORIENS coins Milan RIC 134 - Siscia RIC 247, and Milan RIC 135 - Siscia 248)?

Best regards,
Piotr Orlowski

All coins are guaranteed for eternity