Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage

Renovwax? Anti BD?

(1/3) > >>

Jerome Holderman:
An auction I am currently watching contains the following statement.

"This coin has been restoration treated with Renovwax  . The coin is proofed against future bronze disease corrosion even if stored in less than suitable conditions . Therefore an unconditional  25 year money back guarantee is given plus a lifetimes guarantee of authenticity .

If more details are required about the Renovwax anti bronze disease treatment then please contact me . You can be assured that this coin is totally free from damaging bronze disease and will remain so in the future ."

Anyone heard of this Renovwax? Is it really supposed to be a treatment against BD? Sounds interesting.    

Federico M:
I never heard about this brand of wax (but I'm not at all an expert in the field), but I suppose that any wax can be considered a preventive tratement against BD, since the reaction creating BD cannot develop in absence of air or humidity, so if you "seal" a coin, it is BD proof (as long as it stay sealed)...
Imho, this specific statement looks a bit hyperbolic (and this is not so rare in EBay or similar auctions), but you can always "contact him" to ask for some more details, as he suggested ;)

Jerome Holderman:

--- Quote from: Federico Morando on March 14, 2005, 03:59:21 pm --- you can always "contact him" to ask for some more details, as he suggested ;)

--- End quote ---

Already done, I will post any reply I get here.

maridvnvm:
I guess he could just have used Renaissance Wax (Often called Ren Wax) and made his description overly-flowery.
Regards,
Martin

Federico M:
Maybe... "overstating" "Ren Wax" may create "Ren-ov-wax" ;) but the name looks like a brand "renov" (like in "renovation") plus "wax"... maybe it exists...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version