Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage

Prefered Storage Method

<< < (15/18) > >>

Britannicus:
chuy1530, despite some of the suggestions worth considering I think what you've got going on here is pretty darn cool. It's certainly a creative solution for enjoying your coins on a day-to-day basis. Thanks for sharing!   +++

Carausius:
You might consider storage trays as an alternative. Trays allow you to see and touch your coins freely, without glass and plastic in the way. It is also a bit less daunting to rearrange coins in trays, when needed. Also a bit easier to conceal trays, if theft ever becomes a bigger concern for you. Good luck!

chuy1530:
Funny you mention it, I'm looking at trays at this very second. If I can get a good photography set-up I'd like to do a sort of mixed set up where I have a few (mostly lower value) coins out just like the ones I have now, and the rest well-photographed and printed out on nice photo-paper pinned up in place of the pictured coin. There then would be a number (or something, I haven't 100% thought it through) so you could find that coin easily in the trays. It's a bit of a project and I don't have a lot of time right now but long term I think it's the best mixture of accessibility, safety, and visual attractiveness I can think of.

ecoli:
I am thinking of just make a good photo book of my coins and leave it as a coffee table book...

Vasiliy O:

--- Quote from: Arminius on October 20, 2008, 12:52:20 pm ---I prefer gray 29 x 29 cm plastic trays in boxes ("BEBA" - system), without partitions or sleazes, flips, blisters and all these awful coverings and surroundings some people may add (so not like the fillings of the depicted one).

They are sorted but all together in one big area and i have to take care when i move the tray.

Sometimes i create improvisional partitions by old pencils or flat pieces of wood to separate one or two groups of coins from the rest of the tray.

regards

--- End quote ---

I fully support. This is a very a convenient system.
I prefer of these boxes for coins
http://www.ebay.de/itm/303198-Leuchtturm-Munzbox-fur-6-Euro-Kursmunzensatze-rauchfarben-/150769992219?pt=M%C3%BCnzen_Medaillen&hash=item231a97821b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version