Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Is it Appropriate To Put JSTOR links in Numiswiki?  (Read 905 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Is it Appropriate To Put JSTOR links in Numiswiki?
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:00:31 pm »
Before I do so, I want to make sure that it is OK to put JSTOR links into a Numiswiki entry. The entry is there, but no link to the document that is available online on JSTOR and may be viewed and downloaded for free with a registration.

Thanks,
Virgil

Online Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
Re: Is it Appropriate To Put JSTOR links in Numiswiki?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 02:53:07 pm »
Hi Virgil,

I certainly hope that it is OK, as I've linked to JSTOR articles, as well as articles on academia.edu and other websites, quite a number of times in the few NumisWiki entries that I've created. I assume that the moderator and/or Joe will have the final say.

Tracy

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 04:31:16 pm »
Hi Tracy,
Yeah, I am pretty sure it should be fine, just want to make sure. I think sites like JSTOR and academia are pretty reliable long term. I downloaded the MacDowall article on the Bull and Horseman coins of Kabul and was going to add the link to the existing entry on that article. It is a great article.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 06:52:53 pm »
I haven't gotten a response from a gatekeeper, so I am going to go ahead and do it, rebel that I am. LOL

Virgil

Offline Ron C2

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Qvod perierat adhvc exstat nvmmorvm
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 07:55:43 pm »
The only issue I can think of is a reader would need to sign up for JSTOR to read the material.
My Ancient Coin Gallery: Click here

R. Cormier, Ottawa

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 10:55:39 am »
Yes, it is good.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity