Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kabul AR Jital Kamaluka “Khudarayaka” Shahis  (Read 1093 times)

Online Virgil H

• Caesar
Kabul AR Jital Kamaluka “Khudarayaka” Shahis
« on: September 22, 2021, 05:18:46 pm »
Just won this one and am excited. Totally outside my area of collecting, except it falls into the fact I have very wide interests. I did a tour in Afghanistan and watching the botched withdrawal has triggered a lot of memories and emotions. It was where I bought my first tourist fake ancient coin that the fine folks in the Forum here explained was a cast tourist fake. Who knew there would be tourist fakes in a war zone. As an aside, I bought my first real ancient coins here at Forum. This medieval coin from Kabul and a beautiful coin on top of that. I had to have it, the ultimate impulse buy.

LOCAL ISSUES, Kabul. Shahis (Shahiyas). Kamaluka “Khudarayaka”. Circa 895-921. AR Jital (19mm, 2.97 g, 6h). śri khudarayaka in Nagari, recumbent zebu to left with symbol on rump; to left, star above pellet above crescent / Horseman right, holding banner; ma in Nagari to left; ’adl in Arabic to right. Tye 23. Toned, areas of flat strike. VF. From the Archytas Collection.

Anyway, just wanted to share this.

Virgil

Offline Tracy Aiello

• Caesar
Re: Kabul AR Jital Kamaluka “Khudarayaka” Shahis
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 10:24:42 pm »
Magnificent coin Virgil.

Tracy

Online Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 10:41:29 pm »
Thank you, Tracy.

Virgil

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 01:15:15 pm »
I responded to your other post regarding the Ghaznavids before I noticed this post. Nice coin, Virgil. Stkp

Online Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 04:12:53 pm »
Thank you. I love the design of both sides.

Regards,
Virgil

All coins are guaranteed for eternity