Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Balochistan Bowl?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Robby R

• Praetorian
Balochistan Bowl?
« on: December 09, 2019, 09:38:19 pm »
I only purchased this piece to try and determine if what the dealer sells is real.

If genuine, I think it's ancient Balochistan.

I'm curious if you think this is so, and if so, what is the period and region for this piece?

I know some are repainted, but is there a site with diagnostic tools to seperate fakes, repainted pieces, and genuine? Is any of what is sold online genuine?

Thank you, and have a great day.
Robby Raccoon Against the World.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Balochistan Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 09:48:43 pm »
Stylistically it appears to match the general Indus-valley style.  I can't speak regarding authenticity as I don't know enough about them.

SC
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity