Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byblos Hoard IGCH 1515 - Reference  (Read 559 times)

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
Byblos Hoard IGCH 1515 - Reference
« on: June 14, 2017, 08:56:26 pm »
Can anyone direct me to an online copy of the following article on the Byblos Hoard (IGCH 1515), or alternatively provide me with a scans of the relevant parts of it.

A. R. Bellinger, 1950. “An Alexander Hoard from Byblos” Berytus 1950–1, pp. 37-49.

I am seeking Bellinger’s commentary and any accompanying plate images of any of the 19 coins of Berytos in the hoard referred to by price as Byblos Hoard (IGCH 1515)  32, 33, 34, 35-36 and 37-50 (Price's extract attached below).

The entry in the IGCH online database for this hoard http://coinhoards.org/id/igch1515
All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity