Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe  (Read 604 times)

Offline agord

• Consul
New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« on: October 02, 2022, 10:12:01 pm »
All though I did not win this auction I would like to point this coin out. Savoca Blue 144 #1154 is a Gallus/Phoenix on Globe coin with a Heraclea mint mark. As far as I know the phoenix type with Gallus is only known of from the mints of Sirmium, Constantinople and Antioch. Photo is from the action listing.

Offline wolfgang336

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Aut Caesar Aut Nullus
Re: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 10:24:29 pm »
Very interesting! Any guesses as to why such a small number was [presumably] minted?

Offline agord

• Consul
Re: New Mint for Constantius Gallus Phoenix on Globe
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 12:40:23 pm »

All coins are guaranteed for eternity