Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet Challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 or 252-497-2724 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins!!!

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Advertised Coins Not Going to Proper Listings  (Read 93 times)

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Advertised Coins Not Going to Proper Listings
« on: September 19, 2022, 09:02:11 pm »
Over the past few days, I have noticed that the advertised coins at the top of forum pages are not always going to the correct page. In some cases, there is a book, glass artifact, and a loupe pictured, none of which go to what is pictured. This just happened again with Julia Donna coins (at least what hovering said they were) that went to coins that had nothing to do with the coin pictured. I thought I would point this out, I actually look at these adverts and often click on them to see the coins. Something seems amiss with this feature.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
Re: Advertised Coins Not Going to Proper Listings
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2022, 09:09:06 pm »
To add to this, what seems to be happening is the coin photo is nothing to do with what the coin is when you click on the picture, yet hovering over it may be the correct coin description for the destination coin. I have looked at a couple that are, I think, probably Greek, that go to various Roman coins that look nothing like the photo I clicked on. I am actually hunting now for the coins I clicked on (they have a horse and a deity). Clearly not Roman emperor/empress coins.

Thanks,
Virgil

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 09:35:44 pm »
Sorry, should have done this before, but here is an example. The screenshot image is attached. When you click you get a coin that has nothing to do with this image: Palmyrene-Roman Empire, Aurelian and Vabalathus, c. Nov 270 - Mar 272 A.D.

Thanks, Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 06:07:21 am »
I will let Sorin know about this issue. We had to add another digit to our coin numbering and that seems to be the cause of the problem. So the image displayed on this page is, for example, coin 10001, instead of the new coin 110001.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 04:45:47 pm »
Thanks Joe, this part of the Forum I use quite a bit and I think it has to help business for the shop. I, of course, also regularly check the shop itself, but these unobtrusive ads are useful to me because something will catch my eye and they are certainly not obnoxious like so much advertising on web sites can be.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 08:38:25 am »
It should be fixed now. Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President