Byzantine Numismatic References

<< < (2/4) > >>

aestasaestatum:
Here is a link to the bibliographic information for
Andreas Urs Sommer
Die Münzen des Byzantinischen Reiches 491 - 1453
Mit einem Anhang: Die Münzen des Kaiserreiches von Trapezunt
Regenstauf, 2010:

http://www.gietl-verlag.de/die-muenzen-des-byzantinischen-reiches-491-1453/buchdetail/192/verlage/themen/1.html

or

http://www.amazon.de/Die-M%C3%BCnzen-Byzantinischen-Reiches-491/dp/3866460619

On your excellent reference page, there is a wrong link in the case of the new book of this author (both links refer to the book from the Göttingen collection in 2003).

Best wishes

aestasaestatum

vercingetorix:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on March 09, 2011, 10:25:12 pm ---I'm curious to see what you add.  I think I listed most of what I have (but not the auction catalogs). 

Yes, I think the auction catalogs should be listed separately. 

If the list of non-auction references gets much longer, we might want to break it down into catagories too.  Prehaps into primary and secondary.  Or maybe we should add stars after them:  ***** for primary references to * flawed or dated but still useful. 

--- End quote ---

I've added a good number of titles and I thought it best to divide the material by section.  I can still add a lot of scholarly material, site finds etc. but I am not sure how many people are interested so I kept it to a minimum. The same goes with auction catalogs. There are basically dozens of catalogs with a good number of Byzantine coins, but I've listed only the major sales. Let me know how it looks.

Joe Sermarini:
I made a few edits.  With a very long list, I think it is necessary to distinguish between which refs are more important. 

If you edit in some other program and paste into NumisWiki, please paste it into notepad or textpad first and save it as a text file.  Other software tends to add its own code.

joma-tk:
Dear Joe

It is much better now (after the edits).
I have one comment.
You have as a primary attribution reference Bendall's PCPC and as major scholarly works his LPC and Michael VIII works.
In my opinion is rather the other way around.
For me Dochev's book is also a primary attribution reference. When you receive your copy, you might agree on this.

In your "major auction sales" section, the addition of LHS 97 catalogue is a must.
It presents the Despot (Protonotarios) collection of Late Byzantine coins, maybe the best private collection of late Byzantines ever assembled.

tk

Joe Sermarini:

--- Quote from: joma-tk on March 11, 2011, 03:00:51 am ---Dear Joe

It is much better now (after the edits).
I have one comment.
You have as a primary attribution reference Bendall's PCPC and as major scholarly works his LPC and Michael VIII works.
In my opinion is rather the other way around.
For me Dochev's book is also a primary attribution reference. When you receive your copy, you might agree on this.

In your "major auction sales" section, the addition of LHS 97 catalogue is a must.
It presents the Despot (Protonotarios) collection of Late Byzantine coins, maybe the best private collection of late Byzantines ever assembled.

tk

--- End quote ---

Please feel free to change it yourself.  That is what Wiki's are all about.  If someone else disagrees, they might change it back, then maybe a little conversation might be necessary.  The idea is by everyone contributing freely, the end result is better than if people hesitate. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version