Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: NYINC 2023  (Read 662 times)

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
NYINC 2023
« on: January 07, 2023, 11:48:49 pm »
Happy NYINC to all who celebrate!
Sunday January 8 is the first active day of the New York International Numismatic Convention, with the major auctions during the week and the bourse starting Thursday.  The current location has a substantially better layout than the Waldorf and is more conveniently located, and, to my mind, a bit more human-scale than the Grand Hyatt. However, it is slightly more compressed.
For those of you who may still hesitate to come to the big city... well, I will simply say that almost all of the purported crime disappeared after Election Day, as it always does.
Please say hello if you see me lurching between venues or spending my last $18 on a martini across the street.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline PMah

• Caesar
  • Qui risus classe devicta multas ipsi lacrimas...
Re: NYINC 2023
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 12:59:47 am »
One More Day, One Day More ... of NYINC
         If you are still on the fence about NYINC, but your fence-posture is flexible, I encourage you to visit.  The dealers I have spoken to say it has been a "good show", and every collector I have spoken to has been satisfied that they attended, even if prices are still a "bit" high.  Stratospheric on the top-notch pieces. 
         And I caught up with many new and old friends, which is a material benefit even without material.
Be Well, Stay Healthy, Support your Local Numismatic Club

Paul 

My Gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:59:28 am »
One day I'll be in NYC for the show.  I usually go in the summer!

blank

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 10:42:32 pm »
I went and picked up more coins than I really thought I would.  I picked up 2 Bar Karfka Zuzims, and 4 Prutahs which I am struggling to identify, although they are quality inscriptions.  I also ended up with a few dutch coins from the 18th century, and looked over the entire floor.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 12:23:01 am »
Nice, one day I would love to attend. I have a buddy in Queens I always stay with when in NYC, but haven't been since Covid and I worry about how NYC handled that to the point I am not ready to return there, yet. I worry I may be thrown in a dungeon because I don't have multiple boosters and no vaccine passport and am not even sure what that is. I used to go up every couple of years. Next trip, I want to go to ANS and the big museum with antiquities I can't think of the name offhand (and NYINC if possible). Plus, see my friend and hang out like we used to do, although a lot of restaurants closed down (cheap ethnic food places I loved). The NYC response to Covid freaked me out, to be honest. Plus, I haven't flown since pre-Covid and that also freaks me out now as all I see about air travel is horrible, including all the cancellations, etc. I live in a red state and we barely noticed the pandemic, even though we were impacted, we just didn't shut down everything for an extended time. And generally we have been fine of better than those places that did major long-term lockdowns.

Maybe I am stupid, but I find staying at home or traveling in the South comfortable, traveling outside that I am not comfortable.

Virgil

blank

All coins are guaranteed for eternity