Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hecataeus of Miletus Map  (Read 791 times)

Offline Virgil H

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Hecataeus of Miletus Map
« on: July 15, 2021, 11:42:25 pm »
I like old maps, when I was a grad student, I did research that involved originally drawn maps from the De Soto expeditions into the southern United States that were in the University of Georgia rare maps room. I have never seen an original ancient map, but here is one that was done in English and based on a map of Hecataeus of Miletus from the 6th century. I find it fascinating how ancients, as well as those throughout time have seen their world. This one is quite interesting I think.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity