Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Nominations for Procurator Caesaris and Procurator Monetae  (Read 944 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Nominations for Procurator Caesaris and Procurator Monetae
« on: July 13, 2021, 01:39:17 pm »
If you believe someone should be recognized for their contributions to this discussion or to numismatics as a whole, please nominate them for one of our titles. I may be unaware of the accomplishments of our members outside of this discussion and I may not even realize how much any one individual is contributing here. I need your help to let me know. Thanks. Our highest honorary titles are:

Procurator Monetae is the highest honor awarded by the Forum staff.  It is awarded to members with a high degree of numismatic expertise.  A member selected as Tribunus Plebis or Tribuna Plebis will also be awarded the title Procurator Monetae. Most Procurator Monetae will have published numismatic papers or books and will have achieved recognition for achievements outside of this discussion board.

Procurator Caesaris is awarded to members with significant expertise and who are particularly active and helpful to other Classical Numismatics Discussion members.

Please submit nominations to me by private message or email. Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Nominations for Procurator Caesaris and Procurator Monetae
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 06:56:31 am »
Thanks to Shanxi (Ralf T.) for letting me know that Mark Fox had not been made Procurator Monetae despite being our member of the year.  I thought I had made that change at the same time I posted his selection. I must not have hit save.  Sorry Mark.  It is fixed now. 
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2021, 09:25:42 pm »
Dear Joe, Ralf, and Board,

I only now just noticed this thread, although I did notice the surprising change probably just after midnight on July 14.  Feel very humbled by it all.  Frankly, being a Procurator Caesaris was pretty amazing already! Thank you Joe and Ralf for thinking of me.  I have been very stressed lately and seeing this numismatic elevation (even if it was meant to be combined with the Member of the Year title) was a nice bright moment.       

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan       

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 03:15:36 am »
There are so many forum members that deserve recognition but you were always one of the very best and most helpful. Whenever I recommend(ed) someone take their weird, hard to identify coin to FORVM, what I really meant was 'ask Mark'.  ;D
Andreas Reich

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 01:41:07 pm »
The title is well deserved Mark. I greatly appreciate your assistance to other members (and occasionally to me) and you impress me with your level of knowledge. Thanks, Joe
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity