Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Discussion and Gallery Update Issues  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Discussion and Gallery Update Issues
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 09:03:07 am »
... Hit control f5 on your keyboard. ...
It worked  :), thanks a lot.

Regards

Altamura

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 11:51:30 am »
BTW, I LOVE your long-winded, background, analysis and thoughts on the issues. I think they are better than a cleaner look.

I agree. I learn a lot from really well researched write-ups, and I think they are essential if the Galleries are to be used as a research tool (which I like to think Iis true).

The issue I'm having now is that I don't stay logged in, and have to log in again every time I return to the board.

~ Peter

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 03:26:59 pm »
Dear Joe and Sorin,

Today I created a couple of new folders in my gallery and tried to move a few coins to the new folders. For the most part, it did, but for these three coins, only the text carried over the images disappeared.
That’s when I stopped making changes I didn’t want to lose any more coins. What should the next step be...?

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=153013
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=153012
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=153014

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Joe /Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 05:56:48 pm »
Hi Joe,

I think that I have fixed it for you. Your coins weren't lost because your full size coin photos image files were carried across but for some reason the thumbnails and reduced images hadn't been saved so they weren't being displayed.

*Alex

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2021, 12:43:00 am »
You know, I just can't please everyone. I had a LOT of complaints when we had just the title because that was supposedly better for mobile.

I don't think there is any option within a gallery but maybe someone else knows different. I have a different view than everyone else.

BTW, I LOVE your long-winded, background, analysis and thoughts on the issues. I think they are better than a cleaner look.

Thanks.  Understood about not pleasing everyone.  I most often view on my mobile, and that's where the look is kinda messy, with varying column widths etc.  Tonight, I looked on a full desktop screen for the first time since the change and it looks perfectly fine!

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2021, 02:28:40 am »
Hi Joe,

I think that I have fixed it for you. Your coins weren't lost because your full size coin photos image files were carried across but for some reason the thumbnails and reduced images hadn't been saved so they weren't being displayed.

*Alex

Thank you,  Alex, It is OK now, I do not know what was the problem, but it is OK  +++

Regards

Joe
My Gallery

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2021, 02:33:13 am »
Quote from: Carausius on June 19, 2021, 12:43:00 am
You know, I just can't please everyone. I had a LOT of complaints when we had just the title because that was supposedly better for mobile.

I don't think there is any option within a gallery but maybe someone else knows different. I have a different view than everyone else.

Thanks.  Understood about not pleasing everyone.  I most often view on my mobile, and that's where the look is kinda messy, with varying column widths etc.  Tonight, I looked on a full desktop screen for the first time since the change and it looks perfectly fine!

Yes, Michael,

I recognized it too, it is working now nicely on my handy till yesterday...

(I also used the forum site several times on my handy )

Thanks to all...

Joe/Q.
My Gallery

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2021, 03:59:46 pm »
I am going to lock this topic. If you have any issues, please start a new thread. Thanks.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity