Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Maps of Holy Land  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Russ

• Consul
Maps of Holy Land
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:42 pm »
Hi Folks,

I came across an old folder of maps from a Bible printed in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1849. Here are two/three of them.

Russ

Offline BiancasDad

• Caesar
Re: Maps of Holy Land
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 07:25:43 pm »
Nice find Russ. Thanks for sharing.

I'm a biblical scholar and collector of old bibles. I've found many interesting photos, drawings, written supplications, notes, and even a lock of hair, but no maps!

Offline ThatParthianGuy

• Praetorian
Re: Maps of Holy Land
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:38:47 pm »
Beautiful maps. I've always found it fascinating how the landscape of Jerusalem has changed so drastically so quickly. There's a wonderful book I'm reading called Jerusalem: the Biography which tells the entire story of the city from Solomon to Bar Kochba to Netanyahu. Check it out if you're interested in Jerusalem!
-TPG

All coins are guaranteed for eternity