Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: problem Changing photos in my gallery  (Read 480 times)

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
problem Changing photos in my gallery
« on: January 15, 2023, 09:53:42 pm »
I have been doing an update of all of my photos in my gallery, It has taken a time and I have been doing the project the last few months.

Recently, the photos I change are not coming up, only the old photos. If you click on the photo, it then changes but if you look at the gallery the recently taken photos are not showing.

Any solution to problem?

Thanks

Simon
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: problem Changing photos in my gallery
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 09:56:29 pm »
I seem to remember something like this happening in the past.  Is the file name the same for both the old and new pictures?  I think that was the issue

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 11:35:57 pm »
I don't have an answer, but would like to know. From what I can tell, if you need to change the photo, you have to delete the entire entry and start over and you lose all comments, etc. It is why I have left a couple photos I would like to change. But I have comments on those. I have tried to change photos and it has never worked except deleting and doing a new entry. Sorry I can't help, Simon.

Virgil

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 07:11:31 am »
I seem to remember something like this happening in the past.  Is the file name the same for both the old and new pictures?  I think that was the issue

Yes Jay, that is what I have been doing but the file names on the photos are different. It does not seem to help.

I don't have an answer, but would like to know. From what I can tell, if you need to change the photo, you have to delete the entire entry and start over and you lose all comments, etc. It is why I have left a couple photos I would like to change. But I have comments on those. I have tried to change photos and it has never worked except deleting and doing a new entry. Sorry I can't help, Simon.

Virgil

I do understand Virgil, I know I lose everything, but the project is worth it. I am just putting all of my coins in the same scale and changing the background color.

My original gallery still stands, it shows many different comments from friends on Forum that passed away. It also shows proof of ownership on a few key pieces going back to early 2000.

Thanks guys, hopefully when Joe is back from Vacay he will have a solution.

Simon
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline Virgil H

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 11:16:09 am »
I understand, Simon.

Virgil

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 09:48:36 am »
The only solution I have is to manually replace the images in the folders. It is possible now and then, but way too much work for a lot of coins. Sorry.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 08:45:48 am »
They eventually updated on their own. It took a week or two. The project continues.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity