Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

Forvm Award For Numismatic Excellence?

Yes
10 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Roman Numismatic Gallery - Award Poll  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Roman Numismatic Gallery - Award Poll
« on: September 05, 2004, 12:15:01 am »

raeticus

Re:Roman Numismatic Gallery - Award Poll
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 10:28:07 am »
Dear Fellow Collectors,

Thank you very much for the honor of your web award. It is of course most satisfying to see that other fellow collectors (and scholars) find the site interesting and useful. Our attempt to provide a tool for numismatics as well as Roman military studies has progressed into a web platform concept with focussed sections on
> quality portraits
> historical coins
> buildings, animals, gods on Roman coins
> countermarks on coins
> Roman officials on coins (our partner site received also an award as I saw)
> military brick stamps
> Roman military diploma, and
> Roman military equipment  
The sculpture section is more my personal interest, but not an official part of our mission.

The museum platform is built on donations of scans. Please send me scans that can improve our quality. And if you have concepts and material to open new sections please approach me at any time. we can provide you with a place in the RNG.

In addition it is my strong belief that the widening gap between the collector community and the professional numismatists and archeologists is a most unfortunate development that harms both sides. Traditionally private collections were at the heart of most major museums worldwide, and both side can help each other. Please take a look at the Military diploma section as an example of such fruitful collaboration even under today#s increasingly difficult political environment.

Andreas

All coins are guaranteed for eternity