Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Question Regarding A Pontius Pilate Prutah Coin  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Eric C2

• Legionary
Question Regarding A Pontius Pilate Prutah Coin
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »
There was a Pontius Pilate era Prutah coin which sold here a little while ago (see link below).

I am a newbie to this area (ancient coins) of the hobby (coin collecting), and am trying to understand the marketplace. Is it possible to learn what this coin sold for, without revealing the buyer's identity?

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?param=55637q00.jpg&vpar=932&zpg=68018&fld=https://www.forumancientcoins.com/Coins2/

If you can't hold it, you don't own it.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Question Regarding A Pontius Pilate Prutah Coin
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 07:48:14 am »
FORVM shop sales are private sales, not public auctions. The purchase price is the private information of the buyer. 

It is small business Saturday, please support the small business that supports you and your hobby.  Buy something from Forum today.  Thanks.  (Note: I will be making multiple posts of this small advertisement.)
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Eric C2

• Legionary
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:11:50 am »
Sorry about that.

I thought it might be a safe question to ask, since I was just really inquiring what the original list price was for the coin, which would have been public knowledge at the time it was listed.

But again, my apologies. Thank you for replying.
If you can't hold it, you don't own it.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 10:52:09 am »
It was OK to ask. No worries.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President