Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kai Yuan  (Read 1762 times)

asmodeus

Kai Yuan
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:16:06 am »
Dear fellow collectors.
I can not find this Kai Yuan in any of my books. It is clearly a Kai Yuan with Xing on the reverse, but the mark on the left side- is strange.My first guess is some error in the casting, but on the other hand, there are always new types to find.

Warm regards  A.

Offline leseullunique

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Kai Yuan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:36:40 am »
it's first time I see it, probably a new variety it's quite usual in this coinage I have some in my own collection.

asmodeus

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:00:24 am »
Thanks L.
Please post, if possible, some pictures of your own varieties.

Warmest regards  A.

Offline leseullunique

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:47:53 am »
I will try to do it next week when I will be back home.

Regards

touchstone

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 07:25:34 pm »
the back of the coin is a chinese word,pronounce is "shing",its a mint mark.It is one of the 22 or 23 different  mint marks.It is a common coin.

Offline leseullunique

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:21:09 am »
The right mint name is Xing, the god translation must be pinyin because it's the only egal reading authorized by the Popular Republic of China

All coins are guaranteed for eternity