Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Reference for Constantine I Follis  (Read 456 times)

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Reference for Constantine I Follis
« on: May 21, 2021, 12:24:49 pm »
Dear Friends,

please help to find a reference number for this type. I have checked everywhere but was unable to find it. The obverse constellation seems to be rare. This is what I got so far.

Roman Imperial, Constantine I, AE Follis, London
4,75g, 22 mm

Obverse: IMP CONSTANTINVS P F AVG Helmeted and cuirassed bust of Constantine I to left, holding spear over his right shoulder and shield on his left.
Reverse: SOLI INVICTO COMITI T-F, Sol standing left, chlamys falling from left shoulder, holding globe and raising right hand. Mintmark PLN.
Reference: ?

I have found the obverse here:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=6640900
And the reverse is London RIC VI 124

I would highly appreciate help. Thank you in advance

Best wishes
Burak

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Reference for Constantine I Follis
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 01:29:05 pm »
Nice coin!

It's Cloke-Toone 6.02.013, unlisted in RIC. Yours is the 4th specimen I'm aware of, all from same obverse die.

Ben

Offline Istinpolin

• Caesar
Re: Reference for Constantine I Follis
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 01:55:00 pm »
Thank you and brilliant! Found it on not in Ric then.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity