Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Penelope Coins And Collecting  (Read 842 times)

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
Penelope Coins And Collecting
« on: March 09, 2021, 03:25:19 am »
So just who are Penelope Coins And Collecting?

http://penelopecoins.com/

They state they are a group of amateur collectors and they certainly have (or at least display) some rare coins - like two stavrata of Constantine Xi just to start with.

Ross G.

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: Penelope Coins And Collecting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 03:40:05 am »
So just who are Penelope Coins And Collecting?

http://penelopecoins.com/
When I try to open the website my Kaspersky shows me this  :(.

Regards

Altamura

Offline glebe

• Caesar
    • Glebe Coins
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 04:27:46 am »
Best to avoid then.

Ross G.

Offline Serendipity

• Consul
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 05:24:00 am »
I’m as patient as I can be when dealing with ancient coin collectors and/or dealers because I realise most of them are not always fluent with computers. We shouldn’t be too harsh on them on that account. Their website does have a few teething problems but I have no problems accessing it. There’s nothing to suggest that they are involved in the business of selling ancient coins. In fact, they very specifically state that their coins are not for sale to the public. They are simply a group of ancient coin enthusiasts showcasing their collection. To be honest, I would rather collectors showcase their historical coins than hide them away in cabinets. I see myself as more of a custodian than a collector of ancient coins.

Offline esnible

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • gorgon coins
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2021, 09:53:51 pm »
The site has been around since 2009, unchanged.  They advertised that site in The Celator.

The site is registered out of Ontario, Canada.  Except for using Flash, they web site seems fine.

They put their AOL address on the site, why not ask them?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity