Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman Coin ID Help  (Read 464 times)

Offline VOTman

• Praetorian
Roman Coin ID Help
« on: January 29, 2021, 02:42:27 pm »
I've searched many crescent and star possibilities without success.  So now it's time for Forum to try and help me please!

I believe the coin is Roman.  There appears to be a faint outline of a star above the crescent but am unsure.  The coin is 15mm in diam and 2.5g in weight.

All thoughts are welcome!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

Offline VOTman

• Praetorian
Re: Roman Coin ID Help
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 07:33:01 pm »
Hey Jay

I tried your provided links.  This led me to a Roman research site that I was not familiar with.  This site seems very interesting and will now use it in future! Your links weren't my coin but I researched the site and I believe I found it!  It's a Caracalla.  It's listed as rare (my example above is in only fair condition).   By cross-referencing the sale information with Biddr I was also able to find the sale price.

So good call Jay.  And thanks!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity