Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A few shots of my new cabinet  (Read 1416 times)

mherrb

A few shots of my new cabinet
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:03:17 pm »
I recently purchased a wonderful cabinet made by Craig at http://cabinetsbycraig.net and thought I would share a few pictures of it. I couldn't have been more pleased with the work and service provided by Craig. I have recently started switching my collecting focus from U.S. half dimes by die variety to Roman ancients, and wanted a nice mahogany cabinet to store my budding collection. Additionally, my half-dimes that aren't in a holder fit perfectly in the denarius trays. I got exactly what I wanted for a fair price, what could be better ?!!?

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Re: A few shots of my new cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:14:00 pm »
Very nice. The holes look nice and deep - shallow recesses can be a problem for thick ancient coins in some cabinet designs. The finish seems excellent.

mherrb

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »
Apologies for the sideways pictures, technology is not one of my strengths.

Offline orfew

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Historical Ancient Roman Coins
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 12:47:01 pm »
That is a very fine display case, congrats. I still have not decided which display option would be best for me.

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:40 pm »
Apologies for the sideways pictures, technology is not one of my strengths.

All the your images end up the right way round when clicking on them.

Wonderful coin cabinet.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity