Resources > The Best of Type Gallery

Adding Two Coins

(1/2) > >>

Noah:
I do not believe that I have this many BOT coins (I believe many coins in BOT don't belong there), but I want to stimulate competition.  Therefore, I added two fairly common types.  Please, please feel free to challenge them... Vote for me or push me out!!  :evil:

Geta denarius
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-68799

Decius Ant.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-68798

Best, Noah

Potator II:
Two very good coins you show here Noah. They are not at all "misdisplayed" in BOT gallery

Best
JC

Noah:

--- Quote from: Potator II on June 29, 2011, 04:24:14 am ---Two very good coins you show here Noah. They are not at all "misdysplayed" in BOT gallery

Best
JC

--- End quote ---

Thanks JC!  I do have a few that I believe are true contenders (Licinius II, Constantine II, Trajan), but others I simply placed there to encourage more participation of Forvm members.  I know there are several disinterested folks who could certainly offer some very, very stiff competition.  There are others (yourself included) who could place many specimens and have absolutely no contenders!  

Best, Noah

*Alex:

--- Quote from: Noah on July 01, 2011, 08:25:28 pm ---  I do have a few that I believe are true contenders (Licinius II, Constantine II, Trajan), but others I simply placed there to encourage more participation of Forvm members.  I know there are several disinterested folks who could certainly offer some very, very stiff competition.  There are others (yourself included) who could place many specimens and have absolutely no contenders!  

Best, Noah

--- End quote ---

I did the same, adding coins to try and stimulate interest. Most, if not all of them, should be easily beatable. I am really quite surprised that there haven't been more contenders.

*Alex.

Noah:
Well, there are those of us who choose this method to "play" with our coins.  We find it exciting and fun to participate in such a "competition."  I believe there are scores of Forvm members who simply aren't interested or find it conceited to display their coins in this topic.  I honestly think that I don't have any BOT if all coins discovered worldwide were taken into account.  It can't be taken too seriously when most of us are playing "pick-up" soccer and merely spectating the "major" leagues, if you catch my drift.  Still, I have fun displaying some of my coins!  ;)  To me this is the beauty of Forvm; there are so many topics discussed on these boards that everyone can participate in what he/she finds compelling.  

P.S. Well, I guess I do believe that my Constantine II is a contender in its category (and so is your Augustus Cistophorus, Alex)...  ;D  Ok, I'll step down from my philosophical "soap box" and digress...

Best, Noah

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version