Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Cmte Member Elections - 6th Committee (2009-2010) - Declare Your Candidacy Here  (Read 5176 times)

Offline Pep

• Magistratus Optima Lege VI
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Greetings Fellow FORVM Classical Numismatics Discussion Board Members,

It has now been almost a year since the 5th Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee (Comitia Curiata) convened.  We on that six-seat body hope you are pleased with how the Program has been operating.  It is now nearing the time when the 5th Committee's authority will expire on August 3rd.  This means that Committee Member elections are just around the corner, roughly covering the month of July.  These elections will be for membership on the 6th Committee, whose mandate will span from 4 August 2009 to 3 August 2010.

Therefore, this post is a call for candidates from the public membership of the FORVM Discussion Board.  Do you want to be a candidate in the Standard Seat elections for the 6th Committee?

Committee Members receive the "Comitia Curiata" title in their profile but that is not just an honorary title, it is a working one.  Here are the duties of a Standard Committee Member:

- Receive website nominations from the public, review them for appropriate criteria, and forward satisfactory ones to the Committee as a whole
- Consider websites submitted by other Committee Members
- Introduce eligible websites personally found
- Receive website nominations from the public during the Annual Awards
- Consider Operational legislation brought before the Committee
- If thought of, introduce Operational legislation that may help improve the Awards Process
- Vote in the public polls
- Promote the Awards

Candidates and Committee Members will also be bound by the following Rules:

"Committee Member candidates, from the time they declare their candidacies, must also be members of FORVM's Classical Numismatics Discussion BoardMembership on said Discussion Board must be maintained by Committee Members until the end of their service on said Committee."

"Committee Members must not accept or receive any gifts from the business of "FORVM Ancient Coins", especially for their services in the Forvm Website Awards Program, while they are on the Committee or after they declared their candidacies to serve on it.  They may receive compensation, regularly available to all in the general public, for goods and services rendered to FORVM the business or to the resources it provides as well as any free goods and services offered by FORVM the business to the general public.  FORVM Staff are prohibited from serving on the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee, except for those temporarily given that title and power for the purpose of uncompensated improvements to the FORVM website."

"Committee Members, from the time they declare their candidacies, must not accept or receive any gifts from members of the Classical Numismatics Discussion Board or owners of websites eligible for a Forvm Website Award, especially for their services in the Forvm Website Awards Program.  All goods and services which are not part of a shopping bonus and have a definable commercial value that are accepted or received from such people must be paid for in said value or exchanged for gifts of similar value (for example, in Holiday observances and coin trading). Footnote"

All Committee Members must also have a Yahoo! account so they can join the Committee's Discussion Group.  If you want to declare your candidacy, make a post to this thread.  This call will expire at 0000 GMT 1 July 2009.  If you wish to do so, feel free to campaign positively.

If you want to see the Yahoo! Group and what the Committee is all about in action, here it is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FORVM_Awards_Committee/

Thank You,

The 5th Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee

P.S.:  If you are wondering exactly how the elections will take place, here is the framework from the "Rules for the Awards":

12.  There will be an annual elections process to choose members of the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee (six seats), including the Chairperson.  It will take place during June and July; new terms begin every August 4th.  Board members may change or remove their votes in a poll as long as it is open.
12a.  Committee member candidates, from the time they declare their candidacies, must also be members of FORVM's Classical Numismatics Discussion BoardMembership on said Discussion Board must be maintained by Committee Members until the end of their service on said Committee.
12b.  Candidates for Chairperson must have at least 100 posts and one year of membership on FORVM's Classical Numismatics Discussion Board at the time of their declarations for said office.
12c.  A post will be made by the Chairperson by June 1st in the Committee's Yahoo! Group asking current Members to declare their intentions for serving in the next term.  A public post will be made by the same day asking for any candidates from the public to run for the office of Chairperson.  Another public post will be made on that day for people to declare their candidacies for the Standard Seats.  Candidates must have a Yahoo! account or obtain one by August 4th in order to communicate with the Committee.  The deadline for responses to all calls is 0000 GMT 1 July.
12d.  The regular Award polls will cease during Committee Member elections.
12e.  There will be a competitive poll starting on or near July 1st for the office of Chairperson (unless a Rule 12g situation occurs).  It will run for a 10-day period.  If the incumbent loses, then he/she may still run for a Standard Seat afterwards.  An incumbent will be labeled as such.
12f.  There will be a competitive poll to fill the Standard Seats of the Committee.  It will run for a 14-day period right after the Chairperson's poll ends (unless a Rule 12g situation occurs).  Incumbents will be labeled as such.
12g.  If there is an equal or lesser number of candidates than Seats, then those candidates will be admitted to the next Committee automatically without election.
12h.  If by 0000 GMT 1 July there are fewer declared candidates than Seats, a first-come, first-served policy will be in effect for as long as necessary to fill the vacant Seat(s).
12i.  If there is a tie between certain candidates that involves fifth place, then there will be a 7-day runoff between said candidates.
12j.  The Vice-Chairperson will be either chosen in the new Committee if consensus can be reached or by a 10-day public election poll held after Standard Seat elections.

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
I declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee.
Martin

Offline Will Hooton

• Comitia Curiata II
  • Caesar
  • SUSPIRIUM PUELLAM GULIELMUS THRAEX!
Having served with the committee for the first time, I have found it a very rewarding and satisfying experience, which I would gladly repeat. I therefore declare my candidacy for re-election to the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee.

Cheers, Will.

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
I'll stand again as well.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

romeo

I would like to declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee. I feel its time i gave something back to the forum that has gave me so much. romeo.

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
The 0000 GMT 1 July deadline has now come and gone.  One seat is still vacant.  Therefore according to Rule 12g, maridvnvm, GaiusCaligula, Robert_Brenchley and romeo will be automatically admitted to membership on the 6th Committee.  Thank you Martin, Will, Robert and Paul for your desire to serve!  Since no other candidates besides me declared for the Chair, the 6th Committee will at least have the following Members:

Pep (Magistratus Optima Lege VI)
Robert_Brenchley (Comitia Curiata VI)
maridvnvm (Comitia Curiata VI)
GaiusCaligula (Comitia Curiata II)
romeo (Comitia Curiata)

Due to the vacancy and Rule 12h, there is now a first-come, first-served policy in effect for you to become a Committee Member (be sure to read the job description above):

Thank you,

Kevin  :)

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
One Seat Vacant - 6th Committee (2009-2010)
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 01:01:28 am »
The previously mentioned seat is still open.  You may claim it at any time from now until the end of the 6th Committee.  This will be the last posted notice though.  This thread will also lose its sticky after August 3rd.

Thank you,

Offline maridvnvm

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
It is with regret that I must inform you of my intention to stand down as a member of the committee. I am undertaking a project for Joe to add the forgeries from the IAPN BOC to the fake reports. This puts me in conflict with some of the rules of membership of this committee and as such I must stand down.
It has been a pleasure to work on the committee and with the committee members over the years.
I wish them all the best with their endeavors and will be watching with great interest.
Regards,
Martin

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Martin, this is a tremendous loss to the Committee!  I don't have any words for it.  If I tried, I don't think a single person could finish reading about your accomplishments before their eyes slammed shut.  So, I'll just point them to all that you posted in this Yahoo! Group and on the FORVM Discussion Board.  You were here from the beginning, shaping the Awards from nothing to what we have now.

Best of luck with your new project, it will be a great help to our community!  Thank you for your continued interest in the Awards as a member of the public, I will always be eager to hear from you.  And, you can always come back to the Committee whenever you wish and are free to do so, public-willing (like they would object!).

Best Regards,

Kevin

To the public:  There are now two vacant seats.  First come, first served.

Offline Danny S. Jones

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
I would gladly serve on the committee and help in any way I can. To that end, I declare my candidacy for the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee.

Offline Robert_Brenchley

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Honi soit qui mal y pense.
    • My gallery
You'll be greatly missed, but as you're doing other work for FORVM, we can't complain! Best of luck with it.
Robert Brenchley

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10405
Fiat justitia ruat caelum

Offline Tiberiusjulius

• Comitia Curiata
  • Caesar
Re: Cmte Member Elections - 6th Committee (2009-2010) - Declare Your Candidacy H
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 12:45:40 pm »
This forum has provided me great nourishment in my ancient coin collecting and learning, and I wouldn't have been able to manage without it. I am offering to join the committee so that future collector's can find even more valuable information through providing excellent links to the studies of the ancient cultures. I therefore declare my candidacy for the Cmte Member Elections - 6th Committee.
All the best
Josh

Offline Pep

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Gallery
Thank you both for joining!  The 6th Committee is now full and consists of:

Pep (Magistratus Optima Lege VI)
Robert_Brenchley (Comitia Curiata VI)
GaiusCaligula (Comitia Curiata II)
romeo (Comitia Curiata)
Tiberiusjulius (Comitia Curiata)
goldenancients (Comitia Curiata)

Robert and I will be in contact with you shortly.

Offline Danny S. Jones

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Danny Jones
    • FORVM Library of Ancient Coinage
It's an honor to serve with you all on the committee. I hope that I can bring my experience to help in the awards process and defer to the other members of that which is out of my field of knowledge. Let me know where I can be of service.  I look forward to working with you in the coming months. Thanks again for the honor!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity