Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Small, Celtic, Silver, Danube region, Drachm, 3rd Century BC. Try to see face  (Read 171 times)

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
  • A Lover of History and Art
I just finished cleaning a very fun coin for me. From what I understand it is a Celtic Drachm from the 3rd Century BC. The reverse is plain for me to see. I think the obverse is supposed to have a kind of face? I'm just not seeing it. Maybe someone can help me to see a face on this coin, or maybe I have the coin id completely wrong and it is actually a different kind of coin. This is an area of ancients that I haven't worked in at all so that might be the case. If you do know the angle or how the face is supposed to look, or have a resource that might help with this, please let me know!

weight 1.7 grams
diameter 14 mm
Looking for more underpriced uncleaned coins. Let me know if you find them.

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
I still haven't gotten anywhere on this guy. Can anyone help?

Offline Altamura

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
This seems to be a Kugelwange type from the Scordisci:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?term=kugelwang+drach&category=1&lot=&date_from=&date_to=&thesaurus=1&images=1&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ot=1&currency=usd&order=1

But I am also not able to find out which is the right orientation for the obverse  :-\.

Regards

Altamura

Offline Nathaniel N2

• Consul
Thanks for the resource. That obverse is indeed a bugger.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity