Resources > Fake Coins and Notorious Fake Sellers

Identifying is needed!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Joe Sermarini:
I agree with David. It is a cast replica of a Syracuse. We would need the weight, diameter and metal type to be specific.

Danny K:
Thank you all , my coin is definitely not ancient Greek one for sure , I know how ancient Greek coins well , this one is made of gold but not pure gold as Cooper added as i can see while adding fuming Nitric acid, i wouldn't keep it or clean it up as it is now if it was just an old or even ancient coin! , i know cleaning up ancient coins should be done gently!
I find it a very interesting coin , not recorded as ancient coin and still ancient for me at least so i can travel anywhere and nobody would ask me from where i got my ancient coin coz it's not ancient yet according to all available records for ancient coins ,second  i can see a unique coin actually weird one as if it was made by an emperor who might be one of the modern Greeks and maybe ruled that area which is Turkey now and the design of his coin included the main lines of old Syracuse coins and he or she added a unique mask as you can see some devil with two horns so there's something creative about it no doubt , finally i understand you only follw well-known records listing coins by date and eras but don't forget Greek empire was much larger than Greek now and some ancient Greek cities or even kingdoms like that one which was defeated by the Turkish invaders is totally forgotten and maybe my coin belongs to one of such modern Greek colonies in Asia no idea but i really like that look on it's front side!

Hydatius:

--- Quote from: Danny K on July 20, 2022, 07:42:00 pm ---Thank you all , my coin is definitely not ancient Greek one for sure , I know how ancient Greek coins well , this one is made of gold but not pure gold as Cooper added as i can see while adding fuming Nitric acid, i wouldn't keep it or clean it up as it is now if it was just an old or even ancient coin! , i know cleaning up ancient coins should be done gently!
I find it a very interesting coin , not recorded as ancient coin and still ancient for me at least so i can travel anywhere and nobody would ask me from where i got my ancient coin coz it's not ancient yet according to all available records for ancient coins ,second  i can see a unique coin actually weird one as if it was made by an emperor who might be one of the modern Greeks and maybe ruled that area which is Turkey now and the design of his coin included the main lines of old Syracuse coins and he or she added a unique mask as you can see some devil with two horns so there's something creative about it no doubt , finally i understand you only follw well-known records listing coins by date and eras but don't forget Greek empire was much larger than Greek now and some ancient Greek cities or even kingdoms like that one which was defeated by the Turkish invaders is totally forgotten and maybe my coin belongs to one of such modern Greek colonies in Asia no idea but i really like that look on it's front side!

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what the point of all this is, but it's a MODERN fake coin, a copy made to fool tourists. No emperor or Turkish bey ever made it.
Richard

Joe Sermarini:
Sorry Danny K, but your idea is impossible. The people who have replied here, including me, know the history of Greece and Turkey from ancient times to modern. We know the coins they struck. This is simply a modern fake (modern could mean as old as a few hundred years). It may have been cast to sell to tourists or collectors or it may have been cast for jewelry. Those are the only two possibilities.

Danny K:
Thank you Mr Sermarini for your reply , I'm someone who's living in the middle East so I'm living within the history pages and not just reading it , I'd like to share a real story , once when i was living in Egypt, a neighbour was a security guard working for the Egyptian ministry of culture and he used to guard sites like museums and places like the pyramids area and other locations and you know Egypt is full og such sites worthy to keep securities to guard , someday he told me he is guarding a new interesting site which basically belongs to the ancient Egyptian civilization and guess what it's not included or listed anywhere but only few hundreds of people worldwide with a good knowledge about it , that site is including pyramids too and other some ancient tombs for the Hores and all was built by someone who supposed to be the new pharoh of Egypt but his younger brother didn't let him and then the younger brother became the actual well known pharoh whatever his name is don't remember and the eldest brother moved to a deserted area and started to act like a real pharoah but not supported by the Egyptian army or even historians, i think this story is not just an Egyptian story but it's happening everywhere, it's impossible to satisfy everyone here and historians the ancient ones are humans just like everyone here , if they mentioned something the king or the emperor or the pharoah dislike or really want to demolish then the historian is a history! One final thing , you're witnessing the fall down of the western or the American civilization now and you at least should start your own researchers to know why you failed to make it for more than 500 years!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version