Resources > Fake Coins and Notorious Fake Sellers

Identifying is needed!

<< < (3/3)

Danny K:
I recommend to start with following the footsteps of ancient historians giving you less information about the civilization they represent or the surrounding civilizations and non of such civilizations was strong enough to make it for more than few thousands of years even they were smart and determined to survive, you never get something perfect out of historians and my coin is not made for jewelry and not made of silver to be sold for tourists as Syracuse sample, it's something unknown yet this is it!

djmacdo:
You have the perfect right to believe whatever you want to believe, but I do not think you will ever find an experienced numismatist who will conclude that lump of metal is anything but a modern fake made to sell to tourists.

Lech Stępniewski:
People can be strange: they come to ask, and when they get an answer, they start teaching those they asked.

BTW there are many real stories from the middle East in "Arabian Nights" (aka "One Thousand and One Nights"). I highly recommend.

Joe Sermarini:
You denigrate reading? You think that living in the Middle East is teaching you history. You describe some site, but don't even know the name of it. I promise it is on Google earth and there is at least one documentary about it, as well as books and articles about it. BTW, I lived in the Middle East for a year. I learned a bit about the culture, but didn't actually learn a lot about the history from being there and breathing the air. It did motivate me to READ and learn about the history. You should hope you are wrong about western or American civilization. While not everything the west did in the past was great, the current state of western civilization is far more enlightened than any other culture past or present. I have been to dozens of countries, including in many in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa, as well as Europe and the Americas. The entire world is widely influenced by western civilization and other than fast food is mostly better for it. Discussing modern politics is not permitted here. If you do it again, you will be banned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version