Resources > Fake Coins and Notorious Fake Sellers

small coin identification help

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gianluca G:

--- Quote from: PMah on November 16, 2021, 07:34:16 pm ---Why don't you post the original listing from the source?  In another post, you say you have many similar coins from Heritage.

--- End quote ---

Hi, if you ask me the source it means you don't trust my words, too bad. The reason why I did not insert the link of the source is due to the respect I have for this forum, it did not seem right to insert links from other forums. I have no problem doing it, if the moderator authorizes me to insert the link of another forum, I will do it immediately and you will be able to verify the veracity of what I have asserted. Best Regards.

Gianluca G:

--- Quote from: Virgil H on November 16, 2021, 08:00:34 pm ---Gianluca,

Have you actually looked at all those references you cite to prove the coin is authentic? My point here is that I have looked at other coin communities online and absolutely none come close to what we have here at Forum with the level of expertise of some of the folks here. It is remarkable, actually, some of the people here who help less experienced folks like us every day. I am so thankful about what I learn here (and I would probably not be an active coin collector without this Forum to be honest) and I have seen that nowhere else. Could they be wrong about this coin? Sure. Are they wrong about this one? Maybe, I have no idea, this isn't my area. Will someone comment further after that last post of yours? Maybe and I hope so, but your last post shows you want answers you want to see, not necessarily answers that are accurate. I don't know. I would hang around a bit longer, in any case, and see what further conversation develops. This Forum is not like Facebook for a reason and it is why I am here every day and not on the other coin forums. I have seen lots of inaccurate posts from people who think they are experts and are not on other coin forums, almost never here and, when it does, the poster acknowledges it.

Just saying, as the kids say these days.

Take care,
Virgil

--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for your message and the grouping you did. Maybe I expressed myself badly, I'm not making controversy. I'm just saying that there is a tendency to move a topic towards the fake coins section, with too much superficiality. Just due to the fact that my 4 posted coins belong to the same lot, they have all been moved to the fake coins section. In fact, in this lot, as I already said, there are also many authentic coins. One cannot judge the originality of a coin just because it is associated with a lot. That's all. Instead, bang, bang, bang, bang, all moved, because they come from the same lot, it doesn't seem to me that this is the right way to deepen. Regarding the references of those who assured me the authenticity of the coin: the forum is the esteemed Italian numismatic forum Lamoneta.It, where many historical experts and numismatic experts swarm. We are not in school, and it is not my intention to argue. I just pointed out to everyone that from my humble point of view, we tend to move too much by association than by study. As I said to the user who wrote before you, I have no problem inserting the link of the discussion of the other forum. I don't know if I can do it. If the moderator authorizes me, I enter it. Best Regards

Arados:
Hi Gianluca,

I refer you to the following comment i wrote on the identification board.

"If it has been established that a specific coin is fake or is suspected to be fake, then those posts will be moved to the fake coins and notorious fake sellers board. For the latter this does not necessarily mean that a suspected fake coin will be determined so when the discussion reaches its conclusion."

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=126756.0

There has been no superficiality applied, your coins do look suspicious and for that reason were moved here. Please do not state there is a tendency to move coins to this board, that is not the case, the majority of coins posted on the identification board are deemed geniune.

Regards
Martin

Gianluca G:
 +++ thanks for the info, now I got it, please excuse me.

Ok now I post the link, it's in italian of course.

You can easily translate everything from Italian to English.

My best regards

https://www.lamoneta.it/topic/202850-richiesta-identificazione-piccola-moneta-antica/

Gianluca G:

--- Quote from: Gianluca G on November 17, 2021, 03:52:14 am ---
--- Quote from: PMah on November 16, 2021, 07:34:16 pm ---Why don't you post the original listing from the source?  In another post, you say you have many similar coins from Heritage.

--- End quote ---

Hi, if you ask me the source it means you don't trust my words, too bad. The reason why I did not insert the link of the source is due to the respect I have for this forum, it did not seem right to insert links from other forums. I have no problem doing it, if the moderator authorizes me to insert the link of another forum, I will do it immediately and you will be able to verify the veracity of what I have asserted. Best Regards.

--- End quote ---

It's full of topics with external links, so, I understand by myself that i can paste the link :
https://www.lamoneta.it/topic/202850-richiesta-identificazione-piccola-moneta-antica/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version