Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman / Byzantine / Medieval Rings - Help in identification  (Read 1133 times)

Offline PBA

• Praetorian
  • PB-Eins
Hello,

here are a few of my ancient rings. I acquired them as medieval/byzantine (900  - 1200 AD), but I believe the time span is significantly greater. These rings can often be found on the Internet, but the leading museums do not have them in their online-collections. So I'm not sure, what kind of rings they are really.
Can anybody help? Thank you very much!!!
 :) :) :)

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Roman / Byzantine / Medieval Rings - Help in identification
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 04:12:28 pm »
These rings with linear and dot designs are generally reckoned to be medieval - though not very well documented as far as I know.

Some of your rings with small bezels with figures engraved on them might be Roman.

Would have to see close-us of them I think.

SC

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Online Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 04:36:08 pm »
Click the photo twice. It gets pretty close.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline nikopolis1

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 01:16:29 am »
The one on the first row in the middle and the one on the last row with the 3 circles might be roman /byzantine 3-6 century AD.The rest are medieval 900 - 1600 AD  I would say:)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity