Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: what should i do with this?  (Read 760 times)

Offline clem.fandango

• Consul
what should i do with this?
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:24:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've never cleaned a coin before, thinking that whatever I do will probably not improve the coin... but I wanted to ask your advice about this piece; i really like this coin, but I wonder if there is anything to be done to improve its look?

Many thanks,

C.

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
Re: what should i do with this?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:33 pm »
To me it looks like a pretty severe case of bronze disease.  Soak in distilled water and brush.  You won't hurt it.  Check numiswiki for treating bronze disease.  I'm afraid there's a good bit of corrosion though.
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity