Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Slugs: What to do with them?  (Read 927 times)

Favonius Cornelius

Slugs: What to do with them?
« on: August 06, 2014, 04:49:58 pm »
I'm sure you all have been here a million times: after clean off your hopeful treasures all you really had was a slug blank coin. Even as worthless as it is I have a hard time tossing it in the garbage. Any useful ideas for such things?

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Slugs: What to do with them?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:23 pm »
Send them to Joe who will donate them to local schools.  Or give them to your own local school.  They'll love to have them.

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
Re: Slugs: What to do with them?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »
I give them to schools, though I'm not sure they are always used.  Best are my dental hygienist and opthalmologist.  The hygienist gave them to her kids for show and tell.  She says they're always a hit.  My eye guy uses them for markers on the golf green.  He loves them, says people are amazed when they realize what they are.    Lots of places to distribute them.  If anyone shows any interest in my collection, they always get a dozen or so.  Hardest part is convincing people that they really have no value.   Bill
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity