Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Dave S before  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Whizb4ng

• Legionary
Dave S before
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:10:52 pm »
Hi all,

I have been lurking on the forums ever since I started collecting (a whole four months ago) and have been meaning to post but I figured what better way to start than by joining the cleaning competition. Luckily enough my coins happened to arrived on the day I took off sick from work.

I recognize a lot of the attributes of the coins already and I hope they turn out really well. The picture quality isn't the best since I had to take the pictures on my tablet. My camera is currently in Costa Rica with my sister but I hope these will do!

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Re: Dave S before
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »
Welcome to Forvm Dave S. ( I wonder if we are related  :tongue: )

Nice bunch of coins... be careful and perhaps have a read of Salems guide to desert patina

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=63012.0

And the very best of luck to you!!

Lee S.

Offline ego sum malum

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »
Looks like you have a GREAT group there. Looks like you're going to have some nice ones. Take your time. Those should clean up nicely!

Offline Whizb4ng

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:48:12 am »
Thanks for the kind words! I will be going the super slow and steady root. I don't have too much time this next month and am still waiting on a couple supplies.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 06:18:15 pm »
Welcome to Forvm Dave S. ( I wonder if we are related  :tongue: )

Nice bunch of coins... be careful and perhaps have a read of Salems guide to desert patina

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=63012.0

And the very best of luck to you!!

Lee S.

I don't think any of these are from desert areas.  They are probably covered with more ordinary dirt.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Whizb4ng

• Legionary
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:25:44 pm »
Yeah the one on bottom right looks a bit like desert patina but it is just lightly coloured dirt. I am really liking the votive too. Thanks for the great coins Joe.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity