Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 822 times)

Offline nikopolis1

• Consul
Advice
« on: April 30, 2010, 02:45:23 am »
Hi all
Could someone help me with suggestion how to clean this  antonianus .Should I try remove the green layer , what solution to use ,just any tips.The coins was soaked for 3 month in distillate water and I did some brushing  but some of the dirt won't come off

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 02:49:46 am »
The brown is dirt, the green (and the black) is patina. Maybe picking at the brown dirt carefully would be a good way to go
rather than brushing.
Andreas Reich

gavignano

Re: Advice
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:15 pm »
The patina looks pretty solid. You could soak it in distilled water than lightly brush it under running water with a toothbrush.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity