Announcements and Help > FORVM Announcements and Website Help

Can't log into my hosted website

(1/2) > >>

Meepzorp:
Hi Joe,

Today, I tried to log into my hosted website for the first time in a few months. I used Filezilla, as I always do. I couldn't connect to your server.

I know that Lech recently had some issues trying to connect to your server using FTP. But I though that issue was supposedly resolved.

I took a screenshot of the issue in Filezilla.

Meepzorp

Meepzorp:
Hi Joe,

I sent a PM to Sorin alerting him of this issue.

Meepzorp

Meepzorp:
Hi Joe,

It has been 2 days (more than 48 hours), and (a) this problem still hasn't been resolved, and (b) I haven't heard from you or Sorin. No one posted here in this topic, nor has anyone answered my PMs. This is all "down time" for me. I can't access my website to update it. And I am getting "backed up". Beginning on Friday, I started the process of splitting some of my website pages, which requires me to rename some of my files. I have files on my flash drive and hard drive that I updated, but I haven't uploaded to my website. In other words, I changed these filenames on my flash drive and hard drive, but I didn't change these filenames in my website. I am trying to mentally keep track of which ones I uploaded and which ones I didn't (which filenames are changed on my flash drive and hard drive, but not in my website). I hope I don't lose track of which ones are which.

I also have processed several coins that I received within the past few months. I wrote up my tags and shot photos of them. But I can't add them to my website. My iPhone is getting crowded because I can't upload these photos. I now have over 200 photos in my iPhone that haven't been processed. I usually shoot approximately 30-60 photos per coin. I select the best photos, and after processing, I usually post 4-8 photos per coin in my website.

I remember reading in a different topic here in this section of Forum that you were taking a short vacation. That is possibly the reason why this issue hasn't been resolved yet. It is also a weekend. I really appreciate the fact that you are hosting my website for me. But I can't access it.

I know that you recently changed your server, and you had some technical issues as a result of that switch. Since it has been over 4 months since I updated my website, I was going to do a "test run" last week to make sure I could access my website. However, Lech had a similar issue recently, and it was resolved. In fact, in that topic, Sorin wrote "FTP access restored" (or something similar). I assumed that FTP access was restored for everyone, but it apparently wasn't. Obviously, it was only restored for Lech. If Lech didn't have that issue, I would have done a "test run" last week.

Meepzorp

Lech Stępniewski:

--- Quote from: Meepzorp on July 24, 2022, 11:32:04 pm ---I am trying to mentally keep track of which ones I uploaded and which ones I didn't

--- End quote ---

Why don't you use a program that itself compares the files on the disk with the files on the website and then automatically updates the website? I can't even imagine how I could "mentally keep track" of my website which has nearly 27 000 files.

Meepzorp:
Hi folks,

I haven't been able to log into my hosted website since Friday, probably because my FTP isn't working. That was 7 days ago. I am really "backed up" now. I am still trying to mentally remember which files I re-named in my flash drive and hard drive a week ago, but not in my website. Of course, I can't re-name any more files out of fear of loosing track of them. I also now have about 350 photos in my iPhone that I haven't (and can't) processed. I basically have a "log jam" of files and photos now because I can't access my website.

This is all "down time" for me. Fortunately, I was informed that Joe should be returning from his vacation today. Maybe he can do something regarding this situation.

I was also informed by one of Joe's staff members that Sorin has been having internet issues. I assume that explains why this problem hasn't been corrected yet. If that is the case, then Joe returning from his vacation may not resolve this issue.

Meepzorp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version