Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Arrow point or Arrow Money?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Jerome Holderman

• Caesar
  • My name is Jerome, and I am a coinaholic!
Arrow point or Arrow Money?
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:44:40 pm »
Got this in a lot from the Black Sea Area. I know in that region they used " Arrow Money" but I am uncertain if this object is arrow money, or if it is an actual arrow point. The Arrow money I had in the past was not designed like this one with the hole for the arrow shank, so I am thinking that this is an actual arrow point. But it seems to be copper or Bronze and I think I recall reading that actual arrow points would not be made of these metals.....

it is about 37mm long and weighs about 3.7gm

Your thougts?

Offline berserkrro

• Consul
Re: Arrow point or Arrow Money?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 02:14:41 am »
Not arrow money. Is a real arrow point, arrow money are not designed for using them for the original purpose. And arrow points were made from bronze.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity