Numismatic and History Discussion Forums > Other Types of Ancient Coins Discussion Forum

Chinese coin.. it's fake right?

(1/3) > >>

Stephan G:
Hi everyone, new to this forum and also just started to collect coins about 2 years ago (I'm in Bali - Indonesia, so all of my collection is Chinese coins).

Just today a friend gave me the following coin as a present. it's fake right? Because I have never seen both sides identical and also it's too shiny . Diameter 2.3 cm... Thanks a lot in advance!

Jan P:
And I think there is no Chinese on earth, who can read what these "hanzi" say  ;).

Stephan G:
Haha! Thank you for your reply.. could anyone point me to a book about Chinese coins so I could start categorizing my collection.. so far I got a 1000+ similar to the following in all kind of sizes and styles.. usually I send a colleague to the local villages to hunt for grandfather's who are willing to sell their stash... But I am really lost and right now just put everything in a box, here are some samples..:

Joe Sermarini:
This one would be a good start...

Hartill, D. Cast Chinese Coins. (Victoria, BC, 2005).

Stephan G:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on October 25, 2022, 08:28:26 pm ---This one would be a good start...

Hartill, D. Cast Chinese Coins. (Victoria, BC, 2005).

--- End quote ---

Amazing, thank you very much 🙏

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version