Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Faustina I Aureus: Aetertinas  (Read 568 times)

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
Faustina I Aureus: Aetertinas
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:24:05 pm »
A stranger emailed me the following photos offering to sell them to me.
(I am not posting it here because I have any interest in buying the coin from said stranger - I obviously don't).

I am not familiar with aurei but the portrait looks wrong on the obverse and the legend incorrect on the reverse - shouldn't it read AETER NITAS?

There are not many fake reports on Faustina I aurei and thought would confirm here before filing a fake report in case I am wrong.

Peter

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: Faustina I Aureus: Aetertinas
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:05 pm »
Go ahead and file the fake report. Your instincts are correct. A miserable fake
PeteB

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 09:51:03 pm »
Done: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/fakes/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=3

I uploaded it the first time incorrectly if someone can delete it: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/fakes/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=2

I deleted the report with only the reverse. The URLs above are not valid.  For the Fake Coin Reports, you cannot copy the URL in the browser's address bar.  Those URLs are not permanent. For Fake Coin Reports, you must copy the URL in the report information below the photos.  If there is no URL below, click the information icon above the photos .
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:26:44 pm »
Thanks Joe +++
Much appreciated.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 01:56:10 am »
Thanks for making the report. Also much appreciated.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity