Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Getting Ready to Identify  (Read 949 times)

johnny676767

Getting Ready to Identify
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:29:31 pm »
Hello,

I just thought I'd share some pictures of some coins I am getting ready to identify. These came from a few different lots over the past 6 months or so. Been working on them on and off since the New Year.  Some came out ok and some not ok. I think I can ID them, though.

Offline Jschulze

• Caesar
Re: Getting Ready to Identify
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:48:07 pm »
They look nice and all identifiable! I see some Constantine II, Valens, Claudius II, Gallienus... Anyway, if you need a hand post them one per post in the identification thread and I'm sure you'll get quick help! Good luck!

Josh

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: Getting Ready to Identify
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 10:44:29 am »
Nice coins.  They should all be 100% identifiable in terms of Emperors.  If the reverses are in the same condition then you should be able to ID all reverse types and hopefully many mints, officinae (workshops), and issues; and therefore dates.

Glad to hear you want to ID them yourself.  For me that is one of the greatest parts of the hobby.  I still remember fondly my days as a relative beginner working out every letter and learning about each coin type.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity