Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Legend cleaning help  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Barabus

• Consul
Legend cleaning help
« on: August 23, 2008, 04:12:21 pm »
 I have the worst time trying to clean legends that are filled in with hard encrustations.I've had coin that looked absolutely fine,but I can't read the legend especially on AE 3's and 4's.I have a pin vise that I use,but some of the stuff is so hard that the pin vise can't handle it.I have a brass wheel brush that I tried,but it appears to smear the legend,it may be too stiff.Any ideas.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

Offline casata137ec

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Trying not to screw up...one coin at a time...
Re: Legend cleaning help
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:54:28 pm »
Exacto with sharp point, steady hand, good light source and magnification. :)

Chris
Salus Populi Suprema Lex Esto - Missouri 1822

My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=19691

Offline Barabus

• Consul
Re: Legend cleaning help
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 01:13:14 pm »
thank you and I will try it,even with shaky hands.
Organized religion is the second oldest profession, and nowhere near as honest as the first.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity