Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Appreciate your help in ID  (Read 837 times)

Ann Y

Appreciate your help in ID
« on: June 09, 2021, 07:11:46 pm »
Hello,

I'd appreciate any thoughts and input :) I recently purchased this with the intent of wearing it as jewelry as it is punched in a way to be worn as a necklace. However, to my surprise upon arrival it is massive and heavy and not fit for wearing for my taste. I came upon this forum in my search for answers and am wondering if there is any authenticity to this coin and what history would be behind it as I am not a coin collector and have absolutely no experience in this field. The person I purchased it from stated that it was part of an inherited collection of jewelry.

Would appreciate any help or input and thanks in advance!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Appreciate your help in ID
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:22:56 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.  What you have is a copy of a Syracuse tetradrachm. It wouldn't fool an ancient collector but a nice jewelry piece.

Something like this
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5159707

All coins are guaranteed for eternity