Resources > Ancient and Medieval Coin Identification Help

Greek ancient coins experts opinion

(1/1)

Robert:
Hi, i am new on this forum and new in the ancient coins collecting!
I recently bought this small coin (diameter: near 6 mm, weight: 0.23 g.) The smallest one in my collection so far. The seller didn't identify her. After searching acsearch, I found that some of the listings described it as Cilicii hemiibol and some described it as Lesbos. I think this is a trihemitartemorion. Personally, I think that the coin could come from from Lesbos: representation of Athena almoust identical to the coins from Lesbos.

Does anyone have this coin in your catalog? I would like to hear opinion from experts on the subject and a presentation of your smallest coins :)

Greetings from Poland,

Robert

Jay GT4:
Can't help you, but welcome to Forum.  I love these tiny coins.  Don't drop it!

Robert:

--- Quote from: Jay GT4 on May 19, 2022, 07:46:37 pm ---Can't help you, but welcome to Forum.  I love these tiny coins.  Don't drop it!

--- End quote ---

Thank You! :)

Altamura:
In my eyes it is simply not clear from where this type is. And I mean exactly the variant with Athena looking to the left on the obverse, bunch of grapes within incuse square with dotted border on the reverse.
You find them under Soloi in Cilicia or Methymna on Lesbos, but usually without a sound argumentation :-\.

Regards

Altamura

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version