Antiquities Discussion Forums > Seals and Tesserae

Roman Lead Tesserae and Seals from the Tom Vossen Collection

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joe Sermarini:
I think that eventually it will be true, everything will be on the internet. Buying and reading books will be like going to the movies today. You can see any movie at home, but a big screen is nice, for something special. 

Ron C2:

--- Quote from: Joe Sermarini on January 05, 2022, 05:58:58 pm ---I think that eventually it will be true, everything will be on the internet. Buying and reading books will be like going to the movies today. You can see any movie at home, but a big screen is nice, for something special.

--- End quote ---

I think that's true for things like recreational books (fiction, modern poetry, etc.).  For out of print historical books - doubtful.  It's likely not a good        to have most of them scanned.

Plus, I find the printed coin reference books easier to navigate than a PDF facsimile.  I doubt I'm alone.

Molinari:
KOINON will never be digital-only and neither will any book I ever write.  In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever purchased an “eBook”.

Congrats on your book Gert.  I have a million expenses lined up but at some point I’d like to buy a copy.

Dominic T:
One thing I learned in life is: never say never…
DT

Molinari:
True, I suppose if it is cost prohibitive, but prices for books are actually dropping, so hopefully not in my lifetime. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version