Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: I need identification help for copper coin  (Read 338 times)

Jamir Y

I need identification help for copper coin
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:32:27 pm »
Hi there. I'm from Turkey. This coin was found in Defne, Antakya, Turkey. (Ancient name is Daphne, Antioch on the Orontes).
I don't have experience with coins, and also this coin not have any type of writing character. when I try to search with "two soldiers" I see lot of similar coins but im not sure which one is the same as my coin.

In picture i put 1 Turkish lira (8gram) coin for size understanding. I think its not gold and made by copper.

I noticed the reverse side of the money was pressed back when I wanted to take a photo. is it normal?

If anybody will help me i ll be very happy. thanks. (my English is not good sorry for this)

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Re: I need identification help for copper coin
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:22:55 pm »
Possibly Constans, like:
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5333107
The coin looks to me to be just bent a bit.
PeteB

Jamir Y

Re: I need identification help for copper coin
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 02:29:58 pm »
Thank you sir.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity