Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Annia Faustina Provincial  (Read 894 times)

Offline lawrence c

• Consul
Annia Faustina Provincial
« on: April 22, 2021, 08:58:21 pm »
I added an Annia Faustina provincial to my gallery, but since I don't see another one like it on the galleries, thought I might post it here also. I was happy to stumble across this one because she's a rather hard lady to find.

Annia Faustina
Third wife of Elagabalus.
Æ 20mm, 4.15 g.
Ephesus, Ionia.
Obv: ΦAVCTЄINA CЄB, bare-headed and draped bust to right. Rev: ЄΦЄCIΩN, Victory advancing to left, holding wreath and palm.
RPC VI Online 4941 (temporary); SNG München 188; Karwiese 710.
Provenance: Acquired from Dorotheum; Ex Grohs-Fligely collection 1875-1962, with collector's ticket. Roma Numismatics Auc  82, Lot 947

All coins are guaranteed for eternity